The Quantum Optics, Quantum Information and Quantum Control (QQQ) Group covers a broad spectrum of topics, from the foundations of quantum physics and information theory, through the investigation and control of fundamental physical and chemical phenomena, to new types of quantum technologies, metrology and standards.
The purpose of the group is to:
- Organise conferences, seminars and workshops
- Promote interaction between physicists working in the diverse range of research fields encompassed by QQQ
- Support links with industry
- Organise outreach activities, for example talks to school or the production of videos
- Award grants and prizes relating to conferences of interest to the group, for example the CMMP, Photon and QuAMP Divisional conferences
- Foster links with national and international research networks
- Award and administer conference travel bursaries and grants for student
meetings and conferences
We particularly welcome applications to the Research Student Conference Fund.